Have some questions about articulations/automation...

I’m using EWQL Gold, and I want to easily add vibrato to certain notes on stringed instruments. I tried a couple different things, but nothing really worked 100%.

I downloaded the matching articulation maps from the official EastWest website - or maybe it was on Steinberg’s, I don’t remember - but when I change a note’s articulation type nothing happens. I’m pretty sure I’m doing it right, the little MIDI event is there at the bottom if I view articulations, etc. It just always plays back the articulation that I originally selected in Kontakt.

I also tried note expression, using the sine curve tool on pitch bend. That was pretty frustrating, since it’s hard to get a frequency and amplitude that sounds good. Additionally, it’s hard to edit - I couldn’t find an easy way to shorten or lengthen a curve, and it seems to get stuck if I don’t manually bring the MIDI value back to 0 at the end. I thought it was just for duration of the one note, like an attribute?

What’s the best way to go about this? Ideally I just want to be able to select vibrato, pizzicato, whatever, with one click.

Hi,

As far as I know, the Articulation (Expression) Map has been created for the current EWQLSO Gold Library. I’m not sure, the old library you are using has the same mapping.

I would recommend you to use the old Key Switching (MIDI Notes), and make a new custom Expression Map for the old EWQL Gold.