Headphones not working in Dorico - Mac 2020 Big Sur

Hi Folks! I’m new to Dorico and the forum. I have Dorico 3.5 on a Macbook Pro 2020 (intel chip) with Big Sur. I cannot playback Dorico through my Bluetooth Bose QC 35 II headphones, or my wired headphones.

I have tried every trick on previous forum posts including switching to the headphones in device setup, changing sample rates, and creating an aggregate device with only my headphones in it. Nothing works. Playback is completely fine through my laptop speakers, but will not playback through headphones. Trying to switch to my bluetooth headphones or the aggregate device in the device setup often crashed Dorico, and I just had to reinstall Dorico to get it to open at all.

Both pairs of headphones work completely fine with every other program on my computer, including Finale, Sibelius, YouTube, Logic Pro, etc. I would really love to use Dorico but if I cannot hear playback through headphones then the program will be unusable for me.

I’ve just upgraded my iMac to Big Sur, but did not run Dorico on it, yet. I will try with my Sennheiser BT headset and report back.

Works for me without any glitch. When you go to Device Setup in Dorico, you most likely see two devices for your BT headphone. Make sure that you choose the second one.

Hi Ulf,

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I don’t know what changed, but the headphones are working now! Maybe it was just re-downloading Dorico and restarting my computer. Thanks for the help.