Heigh difference between bars.. what's the problem?

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 5.42.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 5.42.34 PM.png
As seen, there’s a “bump” between bar 12 and 13m which can be seen only in the Page View and not in the Galley View.

There are 2 instruments assigned to one player, and normally, if one of those two staves is empty, they should be seamlessly merged into one staff in Page View, and it happened that way as I expected, except for the “bump”.

For more information, I’ve assigned two violin tracks - arco and pizz - to one player, so I can easily map external VSTi.

This looks like a redraw issue. Have you tried to restart Dorico? I’ve never experienced such a glitch…

This can happen in some circumstances when you make a manual adjustment to the staff spacing in Engrave mode, and the adjustment is applied only to one of the two instruments held by the player. To fix it, select something in that music frame and choose Engrave > Staff Spacing > Reset Selected Frames. You’ll then need to reapply whatever adjustment you had originally made, of course.

Thank you Daniel - this was one on my list of things to work out when I had time