help. can't open cubase project anymore

trying to open a project that i was working on earlier and cubase keeps crashing, i restarted the computer still cant open the project, didn’t install any new plugins or anything of that sort.
help

Cubase 8?

once out of 10 times the project opens tho when i keep trying to open it

yes. sorry wrong section.

CrashDumps.rar (200 KB)

I uploaded crash dumps.
Still trying to figure out what’s going on.
Anyone any ideas ?

Try opening Cubase in safe mode https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/safe-start-mode-resetting-the-cubase-preferences.html

Once it opens use backup to new folder and see if the copy is any better.
Try bak files of earlier save states to see if any better.
Hide your vstplugins folder…if it opens without plugs then you know it’s plugin related. you can create a new vstplugins folder and copy over plugs a batch at a time until you trace the culprit plug, then remove from project or maybe update plug…sometimes just removing and replacing will work.

Thank You!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:
it opens the project in safe mode, tried 3 times in safe mode, every time it opened it without crashing.
than went back to normal mode and it crashes again.
thank you so much for this tip!!!

any ideas what I should try changing in preferences ?

tried backup didnt help either.
but renaming vst plugins temporarily made the project loadable

aha looks like its the TRacks Black76 is causing this, even thou before kept using it all the time without issues, no idea why it would be causing problems all of a sudden

so apparently it doesn’t compete with some setting in preferences ?