Help Creating Macro for Changing Split Event Volume

Hi, experts!

What I’m trying to do, should be really easy, but I’m not finding the documentation I need in order to figure it out.

Here’s what I want to do. With a range selected on an audio event, I want to have a macro which will:

• Split Range (this I can do)
  • Select the newly-split event - THIS I CAN’T FIGURE OUT
  • Increment or Decrement Event Volume (this I can do)
  • Apply a Crossfade (this I can do, as long as I can get the appropriate event selected)

There’s little to no documentation I can find on the Key Commands, so I’m really scratching my head here.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Allister

[The “documentation” in this case, for better or worse, is the actual key commands dialog itself, which lists all the commands. But it’s not only a question of key commands… The Select Tool is needed for selecting the event. :wink:

Once you create the Project Logical Editor preset

the following should do the trick…

Macro:

Split Range
Locators to Selection
Select Tool
Select all on Track

Then this PLE preset:

PLE Preset: 
  Filter Target 
      Property is Set:Event is selected
      Position: Exactly Matching Cycle
  Action Target
     <empty>
  Function:Select

I’m sure Greg Ondo showed how to do this and even put the macro up for download in one of his Youtube tutorials. I think it was one of the live ‘open’ question videos he sometimes does.

In fact, try this link… hopefully this is what you’re after. Indeed, it was exactly what i needed! As close to PT as we can hope for right now…

If I understood correctly, the OP’s desire is to be able to do this without using the mouse. I’ll be talking to Greg, and I’ll ask him about the macro you mentioned.

The only mouse work the OP needs to do is select where he wants the split with the range tool. Greg’s macro does the rest. You can also see what command he uses to select the newly split event in the Youtube video i posted called “edit - select events under cursor” at around the 4.09 time marker.

Well, Greg Ondo’s the Cubase macro maestro! :stuck_out_tongue: Here’s a link to the exact portion where he talks about it, (I did not see a download link): How to Adjust the Volume Pre-Mixer or Post-Mixer in Cubase | Q&A with Greg Ondo - YouTube

Here’re the two macros from the video:
macro 1.jpg
macro 2.png

I think with C 10.5 ( maybe earlier), we need to use “Tool 1” and Tool 2" since there are not range and selection tool. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Try it out and tell us! :slight_smile:

I did try. It works as I described!

:+1:!