Help creating macro for enabling/disabling MIDI tracks in VEPro

Which is great, thanks, and I’ll check out whether it is also disabling in VEP, which I expect it is.

After a couple of tries I have also exported the setup in such a state that it is imported on demand.
Perhps, again, it was the lack of a second, non-functioning row that prevented exporting properly.

Thanks for your perseverance.

It seemed to be working in VEP too, but the actions were reversed, ie Track disabled while VEP channel Enabled. By resetting states manually and relearning, on 1 channel and in GR, it began to function as wanted. However VEP channels are not responding consistently now. Several changes in Track state occurred before the VEP channel state changed.

The problem could be to do with the fact I am using an expression pedal? I initially tried a stomp pedal but it was functioning as Momentary despite Toggle setting in GR. I just tried it again with the new setting (P the only flag only available in GR with your command Steve) and it was still momentary.

I notice that if I change the Disable state of Cubase track by mouse on track controls, the VEP channel state changes at the same time. However when occurred they were unfortunately in reverse. And graphics errors occurred ie unusual highlighting and flashing of menu commands on track controls.

So I am taking a break for a while, but look forward to any input on my return. It was certainly encouraging to see the track and channel disable states both working off the same pedal push, even intermittently.

I am testing this using only Halion instruments for now.

Further experimentation with various combinations of lines in GR, and various ways of Learning the control in VEP, did not result in a setup that disables both VEP channel and Cubase track simultaneously and in sync.

Reimporting my earlier VSTmixer-Selected-Selected GR setup disables the VEP channel but it is now inconsistent, ie even a full pedal depress does not always disable, and a reverse press does not always enable.

I may need to reinstall again after all this experimentation. Any guide to using a pedal as a GR toggle would be appreciated.

Eg Should I have the Midi controller set as both Input and Output?

And eg how to set the Flags in both upper (Receive, Transmit, Relative, Pickup) and lower pane (Pushbutton, Toggle, Not automated) of GR. I have not found a comprehensive explanation of their use. I have deduced what I can and tried most combinations, but a single wrong choice may be interfering with the results.

Hi Steve, I’m looking for something slightly different. Basically I’d like to use two keyboard shortcuts to do the following:

Shortcut 1 (Enable):

1. Enable the selected (disabled) track in Cubase
    eset
  2. Send note on C-2 to trigger expression map slot 1, thus resetting any Expression Map defined channel changes to default (possibly not necessary)
  3. Send out a value of 127, CC125 (which enables the track in VEPro) on the selected track

Shortcut 2 (Disable):

1. Send note on C-2 to trigger expression map slot 1, thus resetting any Expression Map defined channel changes to default
  2. Send out a value of 0, CC125 (which disables the track in VEPro) on the selected track
  3. Disable the selected (enabled) track in Cubase

I’m new to macros, the PLE and generic remote. How would I set up macros to do the above? Would there need to be a pause between the two steps in the macro?

Cheers,

Max

Hi Max

Perhaps a bit of clarification is in order. Key Commands are triggered by the alpha keyboard and the Generic remote commands by a midi device; you can’t mix the two. Expression maps are distinct also.

But here is one way to send these commands using the the Generic Remote:

In your expression map:

Set up this command as in the gif: Steinberg Forums

Note that the Enable/Disable track command is a toggle, so watch out for them getting out of sync, the two functions are not aware of one another. Hope that makes sense, let me know.

Hi Steve. The above answer to Max was re a different setup, but can you tell me if I need to, and how to, make sure my pedal is not sending conflicting messages for the current state of my VEP automation? ie if the instrument channel is already disabled, and a Disable message comes in, it could be causing the crashing of VEP?

Also, I have not found answers to my queries above, ie:

Using a pedal as a GR toggle, Should I have the Midi controller set as both Input and Output?

What settings do I use for the Flags in both upper (Receive, Transmit, Relative, Pickup) and lower pane (Pushbutton, Toggle, Not automated) of GR.

Should I start a new thread for these questions?

Thanks