Help! Cubase 12 upgrade - installation error

installation error
installation error
Unable to locate program input point SetThreadDpiHostingBehavior for Dynamic link library C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 12\Cubase12.exe

The same problem for my HALion Sonic SE

Hello !
I have the same error message when starting Cubase 12… Did you find any solution ?
Thank you :slight_smile:

This implies that you’re running an older incompatible version of Windows. Which version of Windows are you using?

The requirements are 64-bit Windows 10 Version 21H2 (or higher), 64-bit Windows 11 Version 21H2 (or higher)

Thank you for your message, i’m checking that :slight_smile:

Hi Ben,

I got problem installing on Windows 8.1 Pro, but error dialog states 8.1 should be sufficient. Please update the error dialog if it is correct as you are writing, that Windows 10 is required.

BR,
Karl

Thank!Let me try :grinning:

There are other components of the Cubase installation that require Window 10 which is why it’s the minimum requirement. I’ll pass your feedback onto the installer team about the reference to Windows 8.

1 Like

Hello !
I confirm that my Windows version was not compatible… It was an “Entreprise” version of Windows 10. I change version to Family and now it works :slight_smile:
Thank you !

I’m glad to hear you’re up and running!

i face this problem in my computer. The Procedure Entry Point SetThreadDpiHostingBehavior could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase12\Cubase12.exe.

1 Like

i am running windows 10 Pro, and i’m getting the same messages. paid for cubase 12 but can’t run it!?

Same here

I took advantage of the sale and upgraded from v11 to v12 on win 10 64 bit, download and activation seem to go well and my activation manager tells me cubase 12 is activated but when i start cub 12 it gives me the message “the procedure entry point setthreaddpihostingbehaviour could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\program files\steinberg\cubase12\cubase12.exe.” any ideas what i may have done wrong and how to fix it?
thanks in advance

@daveo555 See above and here as well

Alternatively, uninstall and reinstall Cubase Pro 12.

Hi, thanks, it turns out my version of windows 10 wasn’t new enough, all sorted now and appears to be working fine.