HELP! Is it Impossible to get Steinberg support in Iceland?

I really need support to get my system running smoothly and unfortunatly for me steinberg does not support Iceland. It may sound like Im angry cuz I am but calling the local dealer 3-4 weeks in a row just so they can send an email to tell them to call me. Would be fine if it worked but they called one time and never again. I missed that call cuz I was sick at home at the time. Ive been trying to get them to call back but no luck. since than I gave up and Ive been just running my system with a crashing software every 30-40 minutes or so.

crash logs dont tell me anything, and forums about similar issues has not helped me.

Its unacceptable to say the least, I dont really know what to do so I write this here. is anyone else in other countries experiencing the same?

I just need a teamviewer call with someone from their team. Ive been using cubase for years and alway buy the latest at each time and it sucks that it has to be such a pain in the ass for a loyal costumer to get a little technical help.

-B

Hi,

Could you attach the crash dump file(s), please?

how can I attach the crash files here?

it does not show me the path when I open it in console… Im trying to drag it over to send. dno how to find it with upload

Hi,

Mac: macOS Console utility > Crash Reports (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

I can not see that folder

Mac or PC user? If you are on Mac, perhaps your Library folder is hidden?

Hæ Bjarki. You can contact Steinberg Support (World Wide) on Steinberg.net by logging in on your MySteinberg account (clicking on the “humanlike” logo in the top right corner). Then go to “Support” and “Create support request”.

that just leads me to steinberg distributors. Ive tried it so many times

im on a macbook pro

Cubase 12-2023-01-27-132918.ips (468.7 KB)
Cubase 12-2023-01-25-154342.ips (290.8 KB)
Cubase 12-2023-01-25-140840.ips (148.7 KB)
Cubase 12-2023-01-22-193102.ips (264.2 KB)
Cubase 12-2023-01-21-171358.ips (131.1 KB)

Here are some reports. the one that ends with 2918 happened today and I was literally moving the mouse. I had the export window open prepairing for export

You need to have a MySteinberg account. If you don’t have one you can create a MySteinberg account, where your are asked to login.

I have mysteinberg account and that is exactly the button I pressed. But it leads me to contact distributor.

Sorry Bjarki, but I cannot reproduce the behaviour you describe. Sorry I could not be of help. Good luck anyway.

Your name indicates that you are Icelandic too, are u based in Iceland ? if so are you not directed to distributor (hljodfaerahusid) when u create a ticket?

anywas thanks for the help!

Já,ég er Íslendingur. :slight_smile: I live in Spain and I’ve been here for the last 10 years. Before that I lived for 35 years in Denmark. I am wondering If I have misunderstood your issue with Steinberg Support. Are you trying to get en contact with the support by phone? That is a different thing from what I am suggesting. I’ve been in contact with Steinberg Support on their website - not by phone.

I have never been directed to a distributer when I contact Steinberg Support, not in Denmark nor in Spain. They always respond directly to me by email. It can take some time but they always respond to me directly, not through a distributor.

Já bíddu ég veit hver þu ert, Þú þekkir Tryggva og Emblu ekki satt? (held hinu á ensku) Costumer support in Europe and US is better tho, I mean Iceland is in Europe but its still outside of that support. Its all directed to local dealer here. I was just thinking phone support or teamviewer maybe.

Jú, það er ég. :slightly_smiling_face: Yes I see. Like I said I’ve never been in contact with Steinberg Support by phone. But I’ve been in contact with them by team-viewer and that started by me writing to support on MySteinberg support.

Hi,

All your crashes are in the com.apple.network.connections or com.apple.NSURLSession-work. Do you use Dropbox or similar service by any chance?