"Help Me Forget"

Hi all,

as promised I have an initial mix of the next track, which is somewhat different to the first being a slow/emotional ballad, but its a nice arrangement and sounding bright and clear. Again this is just one of a few tracks that I’m merely producing for a friends demo (the artist is the lead singer ‘Robert Sharp’ from UK band ‘The Coroners’) and any feedback or opinions are much appreciated, many thanks,

Edit (master):

I’ve replaced the original link above with the final master:

https://soundcloud.com/trax4katz/help_me_forget

Regards,

Kat :slight_smile:

This mix sounds pretty much in line with the other track. Guitar is smooth and wide and, again, the guitar playing is immaculate. Well done!

Wes

Thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to provide me with the feedback Wes, I really appreciate it!

Regards,

nice mix between the two things the sound is very good to me.

Hi firestamper,

Thanks for your feedback which is very much appreciated!

Regards,

Very nice guitar sound but very strange singing style which doesn’t work for me…but, hey…what do I know…Kevin

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for your feedback, I agree it is a peculiar approach to singing and I feel that it makes the music less accessible as a result, but in all honestly I know little of the modern folk genre so I guess its something you can either live with or not so. My own background is electronica but I love acoustic instruments too being into guitar, piano, percussion etc. As such it was enjoyable to work on and a useful experience. Thanks for sharing your opinions anyway which are very much appreciated!

Regards,

Everything I thought has already been mentioned, but I will re-iterate that I think the guitar sounds really good.
J.L.

Thanks for your feedback jaslan, much appreciated! :sunglasses:

Regards,

I’m not impressed with the vocal, sounds a bit a weird to me with all that vibration like the guy is shaking in a moving vehicle. What I do like is the brilliant guitar accompaniment, sounds like this guy really knows what to do with a guitar in his hands. Michael.

I like both guitar and voice. I think the guitar is a bit too loud compared to the vocal, which should dominate slightly.