Help needed to reactivate Cubase Pro 9.5

Hi,

It’s been a week since I contacted Cubase support with the following problem. Not heard a thing from them. Thought I’d post here to see if anybody can help!

I recently reinstalled Cubase 9.5 (via Steinberg Download Assistant) over my installation as I think some sample libraries were not installed correctly initially. I originally bought Cubase Pro 8.5 (28/12/15) and have updated since then to 9.0 (I was running 9.5).

When I run 9.5 it now asks for an activation code. When I add my 9.0 activation code it brings up a ‘No License to Upgrade Selectable’ dialogue. When I run eLicenser Control Center, I can see my USB-elicenser and Cubase Pro 9 appears to be licensed (alongside Wavelab Elements 9.5). Running Maintenance completes okay but I still have no luck.

I uninstalled Cubase Pro 9.0 after installing 9.5 and suspect this caused the problem. System restore brought back the 9.0 files but there are errors on running it. I can run my new 9.5 installation but I only have 3 hours left as it is not activated!

I’d appreciate any help getting my 9.5 version activated correctly.

Thanks.

Alan

Hi,

Can anybody help with this issue, please as Steinberg support seems unwilling to answer or hasn’t even seen my request. Been yet another week and still can’t get 9.5 properly activated.

Thanks.

Alan

Have you bought an upgrade from 9 to 9.5?

From what I understand from what you’ve said you don’t appear to have a license showing for 9.5 which is why it won’t run.

Hi,

I was running 9.5 but can’t find a license for it. I thought it was simply an unpaid upgrade from 9.0 (I had been updating the software on a regular basis). My eLicenser Control Center shows me the license for Pro 9. However, I was definitely running and using 9.5 without any problems.

I’ll download 9.0 and see if I can reinstall that version.

I think I’m going mad!

Alan

Did you, by chance, install a 9.5 trial version?

Hi,

Hmm. Not sure. I don’t remember seeing any time limitations on it if it was a trial. Since downloading it again, it is in trial mode. However, I can’t see 9.5 in My Steinberg so I guess I was running 9.0 after all.

Old age setting in I think!

Thanks for the support!

Alan

Yes, 9.5 was/is a paid upgrade from 9, sounds like that might be your issue. If you’re having problems with the installation you should be able to re-download via your MySteinberg accoun or/and the Steinberg Download Assistant.

Will do - thanks!

Alan

I remember when I upgraded mine i did those things

1. got an email with activation.
  2. used the activation code in e-licenser. The product in my elicenser is upgraded (not in MySteinberg yet)
  3. I clicked Register at my Steinberg the new license now
  4. all set up. Now in mySteinberg the license is upgraded to 9.5

As its registered in mySteinberg now, you can simply re-activate it anytime. Just enter the e-licenser serial number when you will get asked and you done. There is a problem (which i asked myself now) if u have to remove another’s license from the same pc to use yours

Thanks folks. All sorted.

Now, back to making music!