Help on which version to buy?

Hello everyone,

I’m determined to make a start on music production, specifically in Trance and other forms of Dance music. I’ve been DJing for a while now and want to take it up a notch.

However, I need your help.

I don’t know which version of Cubase to buy first, would it be worth going all in for one of the more expensive but more comprehensive packages? Would I use the majority of the features they offer? Or should I start with a more basic package and work my way up?

I would also welcome any advice on literally anything - tutorials, tips, plugins, effects, sample packs etc.

I literally have no idea where to start!!

Please help,

Andy

Here’s a chart that outlines the basic differences between versions

Some of it, like video capability, might be stuff you can totally ignore. I’d print it out (to markup) and A, B, C rate what features you suspect will be important to you. Then download the C10.5 Pro Trial (you’ll need a dongle to authorize) and explore the features you IDed as being important. Then consulting the chart figure out (to the extent you can) the minimum version you think will meet your needs for that feature. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I personally tend to up-buy on versions and if that is affordable to you not a bad move.

Steinberg just ended their upgrade sale. If you under-buy now, you can likely upgrade with a deal in about a year.

Regarding general tips you should scan through these forums. There are tons of threads offering advice of different topics.

If you have specific questions (the more details the better, up to a point :astonished: ) start a thread and ask.

With this kind of questions I always wonder: Based on what do you expect anyone to give you a reasonable answer on this…?
Check the feature comparisons, then download the trial!