Help to make WaveLab Elements-8 program working

Hello.

About 2 years ago I have installed WaveLab Elements 8. I’ve bought license and activation key. I have activated it through eLicencer Control Center.:

And I was able to use the program for very long. Then I didn’t used the program several months. Windows 10 got many updates.

Suddenly when I turned on the program - it refused to start. It says that no valid license found. This is nonsense. I have license:
WL-1

IU have also bought MP3 plugin: Steinberg MP3 Upgrade Patch and activated through eLicenser. And I could save sound recordings as mp3 files.

But now for unknown reasons the program doesn’t work. Though it was activated and still should be. Because it is full time activation.

What happened to WaveLab Elements 8? How to fix this issue?

You didn’t switch to a new computer did you?

No. It is the same computer. Only Windows 10 operating system updated sometimes.
The only thing I did is changed hard drive disc. And moved files from one disc to another.

Changing the hard drive might have been enough to cause the problem. That’s why I use a dongle.

Do I have just to reinstal WaveLab Elements?

I think you’d have to get it reauthorized by Steinberg.

I’m trying to reactivate it. It asks me to enter the new Soft-eLicenser number. But I don’t know where it is. I can only copy my old eLicenser number.
Do I need to do reactivation?

I’ve never had to do your kind of reactivation, so I’m not familiar with the process. I’d get in contact with official tech support.

Unbelievable. There is no need to do any reactivations. And WaveLab Elements 8 at last works. I just had to run the *.exe as administrator. And it launched. Now I will navigate to the file and will set it to be always started with administrator rights.

Thanks anyway.
This threat can be closed.

Now watch Steinberg close that loophole. Lol. Seriously, though, you should invest in a dongle if you haven’t already. It could save you all kinds of hassles in the future.