Help understanding and using Endpoints - Cubase Elements

I think I’m right in saying that, where I want to use VST instruments other than those assigned by default in Dorico, I need to create Endpoints, associated with Expression Maps (beyond the scope of this question), to include in new Playback Templates.

I see that in Play Mode there are three places where an Endpoint Configuration can be saved:

Single Player: The setup icon in an individual Player’s Inspector – which I’m guessing only includes the VST settings for that particular player.

Single VST Instrument: The setup icon for a specific instrument In the VST rack – which I’m guessing saves all the settings for that instrument/player including multiple instruments loaded, if that’s the case.

Project: The Save Endpoint Configuration at the bottom of the list of VSTs in the VST Rack – which I’m guessing saves all the settings for all the instruments and associated players in the project.

If I have the wrong end of the stick (or perhaps too many/not enough sticks J) I’d be very grateful to be told.

Otherwise – would anyone be able to tell me when/where each of these save points should be used please? And any suggestions for being able to differentiate between these different types when adding them to Playback Templates?

Differentiate

You’re nearly right, but not quite: you can’t save the configuration for just a single player. But you can indeed save the configuration either for a single VST instrument, or for all of the VST instruments in the rack. There’s no intrinsic difference between endpoint configurations that include one VSTi or many, and they can be combined into a playback template in just the same way. Using one endpoint configuration per VSTi gives you more flexibility in how the playback template is built up, but that may or may not actually have any practical benefit depending on what you are actually setting up.

Thank you Daniel - I get it!

The VST in the inspector for each player is no different to the one in the rack - so there are only two places to save an Endpoint - which makes sense.