Write a MIDI line for Double Basses in bar 8. They play fine. Copy & paste that same line at bar 32 and the notes smear all over the place!
Things to check for:
- Ghosts Notes from another track? NOPE.
- Corrupted channel? NOPE. I made an entirely new MIDI channel (several times) and the part did the same thing on it. Furthermore, the data plays perfectly from bar 1 to bar 32 AND the part I pasted plays fine on ANY other channel at the same point.
- Nuendo File Corrupted? Not that I could tell. I opened the file in N7 and it did the same thing.
- PC corrupted? I did a re-boot and it’s still smearing the notes ONLY AT MEASURE 32 THROUGH 36 and ONLY on that channel.
- Check the MIDI lists? Nothing unsual.
- Problem with VSTi? Tried sending it out to a hardware MIDI module and it still did it. The notes were smeared, sustaining into each other. But the same part pasted to another channels sent to the same module played fine.
- Manually decreased the sustain in the VSTi? No change! Besides it played fine with the normal settings for the 1st 32 measures.
- I EVEN TRIED JUST RECORDING THE PART IN FROM SCRATCH AND IT STILL DID IT!
I’ve spent the last 90 minutes trying to figure this out. What’s left to check?