Hey, I'm overjoyed!

When did glissandi and artificial harmonics get fixed???
Was I asleep and missed the announcement? Now there’s no reason to go back to Sibelius. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Mike

1 Like

Huh? I have heard nothing. Having string glissandi playback is one of my top feature requests. But I think artificial harmonics have been working for a long time.

There is a distinction between gliss and portamento which some posters miss when using the majority of 3rd party sample libraries. There is usually a separate patch for portamento and to get this to work, you often need to create a user p.t for it and write (but optionally hide it) in the score. Use the Dorico built-in gliss/port slide to show in the score if desired but disable playback, otherwise it will override your library patch.

Glissandi are not in most cases directly supported in virtual libraries or in a very limited way as it’s fairly impractical to sample all the variants. Dorico does not support artificially creating a slide (in the way it does for a trill) so nothing has yet been fixed to my knowledge, as Andro says. I’d be interested in knowing what it is that’s now working that wasn’t? Pretty sure the playback is still on the to do list but you may be referring to something different.

Sorry, guys, my mistake. Forget I said anything.

Mike

and here was me hoping you had good news :smile:
No need to apologise!

1 Like

Yes, no need for apology! :sunglasses: