Hide percussion clef ???

Folks,

how do i get rid of the percussion clef in a single-line staff ???
I cannot even select it…

And even worse, i cannot find the glyph in the Musical Symbols Editor to simply kill it there…

You should find that you can create an invisible clef: select the first note or rest in the single-line percussion instrument, type Shift+C, then type “invisible” and hit Return.

Ah OK, thanks, Daniel, this helps a bit, although i had to copy and paste this signpost some 250 times now…

These percussion systems are extremely uncomfortable in many ways. Please open them up in V3

Perhaps there’s a better way to do what you’re trying to do. You shouldn’t have to copy and paste that clef 250 times because the clef works just the same on percussion as it does on other instruments.

My publisher asked me to delete the percussion clef on 138 flows i have in one project with small musical examples of mixed unpitched and pitched percussion instruments.
I thought it would be easy just deleting the clef inside within the Musical Symbols Editor, but…

What would be very nice for a future version is some kind of Staff-Style (like in Finale) you could apply on each and every system. Just select a region to apply a staff style with checkboxes for individual staff labels, change from 1 to 5-line, make barlines disappear and all that stuff that is nice about staff styles in finale…

You should be able to edit the percussion clef in Music Symbols, but unfortunately it’s currently misclassified, so it doesn’t appear in the dialog. I will fix that for a future version, with apologies for the inconvenience.