Hide toolbar on bottom?

1. I see there is now a toolbar across the bottom of the screen… How can I hide it? It’s driving me crazy… I used to pull the arrange window all the way to the bottom of the screen, and I cannot do that with the bottom toolbar always there.

2. I see on that toolbar, the “main transport” buttons - play, stop, loop, and record… but no “go to previous marker”, no “go to next marker”, no “rewind”, and no “forward”? It seems this ought to be an option as well? I can’t seem to find a way to enable these…

Thanks,
Todd

Hi,

1. You cannot hide it.

2. On the right side of the Transport buttons, there a is a line of 3 dots. Click on it, and move to the right. Complete Transport panel appears.

Excellent - thank you!

You can hide it. Press the rightmost little button next to the three Zone buttons at the top right of the screen. Uncheck “Transport” here and it’s hidden.

You can also assign a keyboard shortcut to it, which in my case I’ve re-assigned F2 as I much prefer the bottom docked transport to the floating one…

I haven’t found that option myself… What is it called in the keyboard shortcuts list?

The Virtual Keyboard has been left off of the Transport Bar docked on the bottom…

And using the VK on the floater becomes a tricky bit of business as it takes precedent over in the project screen…then you must toggle it off, and toggle it on again. Then you must use Control K to toggle the VK itself…

Go ahead, try playing around with it…

Rick

This from another post I put up last night…

I’ve reproduced it every time I’ve used the floating keyboard.

Say you use the Virtual Keyboard for some quick hits to the drums. To use the KC’s, you have to toggle the floating transport bar out. Also, when you do that, the V Keys will not function again until you Alt-K it on and off the screen.

How’s that for “coding” your way out of a paper bag!

Rick
(I’m not so much bitter as I am regretting the time I spent trying to figure out what I did to break it!)

Oh, you are right, thank you!

Still new in Cubase 9. :smiley:

Is there any way to move the docked transport to the bottom of another mixer? In other words is the docked transport only on the project screen?

Yes, the docked transport is on the Project window only.

But in the MixConsole, you could have the Transport buttons in the top tool bar.

You can toggle the docked transport by clicking Ctl-Alt T on PC to have it visible or not…

Rick

It’s under Window Zones.