Hide tuplet

I’m trying to hide tuplets (number and bracket) but I can’t figure out how to do this. In Sibelius it was shift-ctrl-H to hide whatever what selected. Judging from all the forums and manuals I’ve spent hours looking through, it appears you can’t hide items like you can in Finale and Sibelius.

Toggling the bracket in properties won’t toggle (stays on).

Surely it’s not changing the color to 0% opacity. That feels like a hack more than a solution.

Anyway, thanks for any help.

Okay finally got it. It seems counterintuitive, but you have to toggle bracket ON to no number, then toggle the number ON to no bracket.

In Dorico, all properties are activated not to actually change their value, but to change them from their default value. Activating the property won’t actually change it in most cases, but allow it to change.

Here’s a rule of thumb for the properties panel:
If the toggle is turned off, Dorico is following the rules as determined by Engraving Options, Layout Options and/or Notation Options.
If the toggle is turned on, Dorico is manually overriding whatever is defined in the rules, and only respecting the current option to the right of the toggle.

As Lucas has just implied, any property that’s toggled on will not be changed by a retrospective change to Engraving Options, Layout Options and/or Notation Options.

Thanks for the replies. I understand now, I wrote that at a time when I spent roughly 3 hours running into roadblock after roadblock and was getting frustrated with the program.