Hiding cautionary clefs and key signatures at system breaks

new to dorico, and finding my way quickly too!

i am however missing one handy feature i used a lot in finale when creating exercises for my students:
*Hiding cautionary clefs and key signatures at system breaks.

this is missing from current dorico 3.5, and the only workaround would be to create a vast number of flows.
the flows however i use for various chapters, each with its title as well.

so, can there be created a subflow function, so as to hide all cautionary stuff after a final bar?
or is there another way to add this feature to the next update?

i consulted everything available and to my surprise nobody knows how and it really seems missing still.

appreciated if this could be solved in some way, thanks!!

Use codas. Cautionaries won’t appear there.

Please see this existing, very long thread.

1 Like

Daniel, has anything changed in this regard? I keep coming repeatedly into situations when just simply hiding a cautionary clef would save a lot of workarounds. E.g. switching between percussions notated on a percussion staff and on a non-percussion staff with a percussion clef or when switching the number of staves through different instruments (there a function to simply hide an instrument change or turn it into a signpost would be appreciated – leaving it’s name blank doesn’t work in the long run in terms of cues – unless I am missing something… ). What would you suggest? Thanks for your attention. Regards,

M.

1 Like

There is no change in functionality in this area as of 4.0.31.

Okay, I see, thanks Dan!

Solved in today’s update (5.1). There is a 25% discount if you need to update from Dorico 4 :wink:

2 Likes