Hiding ossia staff in full score

Hi,
In an orchestral work, I’d like to show some Vln 1 material in the Vln 2 part (similar to how a bits of a soloist’s line is often shown in orchestral parts during an accompanied cadenza, I guess…) I’ve done this by creating an ossia stave with a cue.
I suspect this is not the ‘right’ way, as although it looks lovely in the Vln 2 part it messes up the score (see screenshots). Any ideas how I should do this correctly?
Thanks,
Govind

Perhaps I’m missing something, but I’m wondering why a cue is necessary. There’s noting complicated going on here and I can’t see what the cue does except clutter up the part. If the second violin part showed up on my stand, I suspect the first thing I would do is cross the cue line out so I wouldn’t play it by accident.

Stew

Hi,
Here you can hide the ossia in the full score
It is in disposition option

2 Likes

@Laurent_Colombo got there before me! (You can turn off ossias in layout options, but make sure you only turn them off in the full score layout)

That said, I agree wholeheartedly with @sspharis . If this appeared in my part, I’d think you were an amateur.

And while we’re thinking of the players: you need a (unis) on the Bb of the bar following the (div). The beaming of the div bar is unhelpful/meaningless. And it is unclear how the lower part should play the triplet D.

Not related to your question, but just out of interest:
What piece is this?

Don’t use an oasis, there’s a cue function for that.

@Janus is correct. The beaming of the divisi bar makes it unnecessarily difficult to read. I’ve attached something that looks a lot clearer to me. I’ve assumed that you want the triplet 16th note in m. 131 to be articulated. If I’m wrong, you’d simply write a straight 8th note in the lower voice. Stew

1 Like

Thanks everyone, I’ve got what I needed, I think, and apologies for only posting now – I didn’t see the notifications. It’s a work in progress and I was already aware of the missing unis. and beaming etc – I didn’t realise it was going to get so much scrutiny!