High Contrast windows 8.1 / 10

I don’t mind using Windows default Theme being forced on us with Cubase, the problem is that is not the only applicaiton I use. I use other software in conjunction with it, like MS oneNote. If I am forced to set Cubase in Windows default Theme wish is not HIgh COntrast. WHen I switch to my other apps at time to time I am blasted with white. Cubase is the only application I own that force us to use such setting.

Please fix it so we can use high contrast. If other compagny like Adobe can do it, Steinberg can do it too.

Thanks

1 Like

I never used high contrast in my life, I I have w7 Pro amd fx, 16gb ram, radeon 5700 (with catalyst sw running), standard mb audio system (realtek) and I never had cubase 8 elements (64) start correctly, it hangs during startup and tells me to change high contrast settings to aero… I am thinking to ask for refund

Check this out, it might be the cause https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/windows-7-error-message-dwm-composition-is-not-running-please-switch-to-an-aero-theme.html

thanks for the quick answer but I already took a look of that thread, the problem is that I am actually running a version of w7 professional sp1, but in the panel shown in that thread I didn’t find any of the two checkboxes “enable aero peak” and “enable transparent glass”, even if the service “Themes” is loaded and automatic. cubase 8 started correctly a couple of times and more than 10 times it didn’t start… I can’t understand how a program sometimes works and sometimes not, it shouldn’t have flu or some disease that makes it unstable. Anyway I solved (hopefully) uninstalling and reinstalling on my laptop with w10, now I am triyng the software but it’s too early to say it works :slight_smile: