High DPC Latency from Intel Network Devices

Currently, Focusrite 2i4’s http://us.focusrite.com/downloads?product=Scarlett+2i4, but I was getting the clicks on the Steinberg UR22 1.9.6.

I have been attempting to run at 44.1 and 48kHz 128-768 buffer sizes since this problem has started.

Did you install all the several updates listed at

Everything looks good minus a few ASmedia and Intel Graphics Accelerator. Are there any updates for Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller? I have been unsuccessful in locating any one Microsoft’s website if there are.

I recently updated Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 10.0.40219. Do I need to be using 2013?

I update them all. (And have no major issues on any of my various systems btw.)
You never know which VC ++ a developer has created software in.
I have also noted that sometimes a VST plugin is installed and an older version of VC ++ runtime gets forced installed and then there are issues. Reinstalling ALL VC ++ RunTimes from that link will often cure those issues.
I download them and then save them locally for when they are needed.

Are you using the built in wifi or Bluetooth to connect any devices?
Or built in sound card?
If not, then you can Disable those devices using the Windows Device Manager.
See if that improves network latency.
(You can always re-enable the device if no beneficial change is seen)

I have all network devices which I am not using disabled, along with my Realtek and Asusmedia sound drivers when working. Would you happen to know what ndis.sys is? It is currently the next contender which is causing problems once I updated my intel network drivers.

I wonder if my Network card on the motherboard is not capable of keeping up with the samples. I am watching my system monitor and at 48kHz and 144 buffer size I am only utilizing 30% of my Master and 40% of my slave; however, the master computer says Cubase is using 99% of the network at 90 Mbps. I thought a Gigabit was more than 100 Mbps?

Master computer says it is maxing on on the network at 99Mbps at 99% usage. My slave computer is showing the same data transfer but at -3 to 9% on network usage. The crackles are occurring anytime the master computer says it is above 90-93% usage.

And that´s why I don´t buy waves plugins again - it´s really not funny when you are working with 2 machines and one of them is not connected to the Internet.

Gigabit Ethernet is 1.25 Gb/s or 125 MB/sec

B = Bytes , b = bits

If you are able to achieve 90 MBps (not 90 mbps) then your network speed is normal.
The only way to achieve the extra 35 MBps would be to use Jumbo Frames (9000 bytes packets).

Cubase is using 99% of the network?
That’s insane usage!

Please post a screen capture of that and then run task manager and take another screen capture (print screen on computer keyboard) and post it.

In the advance mode of each Ethernet port, do I need to select force master and force slave? Ill get a screenshot, and it is maxing out at 99mbps, bit not Byte.

I found why I was getting mixed signal on my network usage. There are two ports on the mother board: I211 and I219-V. The first one tops out at 100M(b)ps while the second is Gigabit. The amount of network usage does not change, but if I disable I211, my internet port, the network usage shown is only at 8%+/- which looks more correct for a gigabit connection.

As to what is still causing the crackles, not a clue.

Then your network isn’t running at gigabit speed but instead has fallen back to 100 MB.
WHat switch are you using? Maybe a problem with Ethernet ports/cards?

I think it is just a graphical glitch? Since disabling the one port seemed to display my network activity correctly.

Still have audio crackles on the other lan port?
Or did changing ports settle it down?

Still having the crackles. I am truly running out of ideas as to what can be causing them. The only thing left I can think of are the hard page faults caused by windows services (which I cant do much about) and the dpc spike up to 500-1000us from ndsis.sys (after updating my intel drivers).

and you have updated to the latest BIOS and drivers from ASUS link I posted?

Did you elevate the VEP5 components priority in ASUS Turbo Lan traffic shaping app?

Everything is updated, I do not know what the last suggestion is.