Highlight a row when selecting a track

When I select a track Cubase highlights track controls only. It’s hard to navigating in huge projects or with big wide screens.
Highlighting a row on selected track AND even when mouse cursor just surfing on project window will make it much much easier.

Anton

1 Like

There was something to fix that on preference. Im not sure what is it under. I think under edit.

There was something to fix that on preference. Im not sure what is it under. I think under edit.

The only thing I see in preferences is under “Editing => Tools => Cros-Hair Cursor - Show Horizontal Line
Better then nothing but I have a selected track and I can use a Tool with horizontal line on other tracks.
And everytime I draw or edit on a track I have to check do I deal with the right one. Because there is nothing special in events area.

It’s not exacly what I’m talking about :slight_smile:
That function selects a track when you click on it in events area.

I mean to highlight an already selected track’s row (in events area)

I know, just trying to help with a workaround. Another thing that might help is hitting Select all on Track this will at least help orient you visually, but yeah, it’s not what your request is about :nerd:

I agree it would be cool to have a slight color or shading change all along selected tracks in the Project Area.

Please honourable Steve, pass it to Steinberg team as a feature request. Thanks for the response anyway.

Totally agree!
Just wrote it on the Feature Request forum:

I encourage you to that as well. The more requests, the more chance to have it on the next update.

Has this been addressed. Driving me nuts on large projects where I can’t see where an object is related to a track.

+1

Logic’s latest update did just this. It’s nice on the eye and makes it easy to see what track you have selected.

This is for Nuendo 11, not sure if the option exists for Cubase too:
Preferences > Editing > Project & MixConsole > Enlarge selected Track

Not perfect but that was my favorite solution so far.

Yep, Cubase has this option too

+1

Any updates on this subject, everyone? It would greatly enhance our workflow if we could implement a feature that allows us to select a track and automatically highlights its associated row with a distinctive, brighter color. This would significantly improve our ability to visually connect tracks with their corresponding elements, especially on large and complex projects.