Hitpoint detection broken.

I do wish transient points could be an imbedded standard that could be cross platform. I guess there might be a way around this by creating a Rex file or something similar but not the same thing really.

Still Broken in 10.5

Hi All,
Agree hit points in cubase are terrible, I’ve found it to always be pretty average even in the older versions. The below is a workaround I’ve been doing for years that shouldn’t be required I know, but I thought I’d share it anyway. Cubase seems to need very crisp and precise transients to accurately calculate the hit points. It doesn’t matter where the start of your clip is or any of that, trust me I’ve tried it all.
Load up an instance of SDD ‘trigger 2’ on a given track (for those who don’t already have it, no it’s not free but it’s a great plug-in, I use it for a few things actually). Play around with the sensitivity, detail, retrigger and sometimes, the suppressor - don’t worry if it takes you sometime at first, you’ll get really good at it in a few days).
Load a woodblock sound into trigger or a high pitched snare and ruthlessly cut out low end, you want to hear a ‘pop’. I’ve saved presets over the years for guitars, vocals and hits at various speeds.

Once you’re happy, render that in place, with channel inserts option and leave the existing parts there. Now turn off the trigger 2 plug-in, move the rendered file to the top and place it and anything you feel is related to it inside a folder track and enable group editing and phase align on the folder track.

You should now be able to calculate the hit points on the click track really easily, I almost never have to edit them anymore, and any subsequent audio warping etc will be based off the trigger track but the other tracks in the folder will adopt the same adjustments.

Hope this helps