Hitpoint Detection Improovement

Here’s the situation.
Fingerstyle bass guitar hitpoint detection just doesn’t work. It will do like 70% job, but then I need to go through the whole recording and fix the hitpoints to their correct placement. So I thought I could “cheat” a little bit. Went to Direct processing, applied Hi-pass filter to 1 kHz or even higher, redetect hitpoints and boom! There you go! All set, 100% correct. So i disabled the filter, and what happened? Hitpoints automatically redetected to their original (incorrect) values.

I spent next 2 hours figuring the way it could be done like this, but didn’t find out anything. Am I just blind or stupid, or it cannot be done this way? In that case, it would be great to somehow “save hitpoints”, and safely apply any kind of processing. That would save so much time and would bring so much more accurate results!

Have you tried turning off automatic hitpoint detection in preferences ?

Oh wow, I didn’t think about that, thanks :slight_smile: But anyway, “Save Hitpoints” would be a tiny but great feature :slight_smile:

Ok so i’ve tried to turn “auto hitpoint detection” off, but the problem stays the same. But instead of having different hitpoints I have no hitpoints when I turn the offline plugin off. To clarify:

1. Detect hitpoints - see that they are wrong
  2. Remove hitpoints
  3. Apply offline filter plugin
  4. Detect Hitpoints - they are correct now
  5. Disable offline filter plugin
  6. Hitpoints disappeared

What now? :bulb:

My suggestion for the next version of cubase would be

1. Advanced Hitpoint Detection, which could show panel with HiPass and LoPass filters
    or
  2. Option to Lock Hitpoints or Write Hitpoints To File (the same as Set Definition From Tempo writes it to file)
  1. Advanced Hitpoint Detection, which could show panel with HiPass and LoPass filters
    or
  2. Option to Lock Hitpoints or Write Hitpoints To File (the same as Set Definition From Tempo writes it to file)

100% agree

Hippo