HLEP Using Groove Agent 'Pattern' in Dorico playback!

Thank you for taking your time to read my post, first of all. I really appreciate it!

I’m trying to use the pattern function in Groove Agent se 5 (acoustic) in Dorico.

Usually in DAWs, the patterns are activated when you press keys from A0-B1 (lowest keys in 88 keyboard).

I know that using the default “drum set” in Dorico isn’t going to work because it uses a kit that combines multiple instrument (snare drum, ride cymbal, etc…). So I’ve added a piano player in Dorico and changed its instrument plugin from Halion to Groove Agent and loaded the sound there.

When I select the piano part and press those keys on my MIDI keyboard, I hear the patterns being played back. I input the notes like this to activate the patterns in the playback but whenever I hit P to play the whole thing, it doesn’t playback. To be precise, it only plays kick drum sound, which is usually assigned for C1, for all these four notes.

I’m suspecting that it has something to do with expression map but I don’t know how to make it to work. If you know the workaround, please please let me know!

Thank you very much in advance :slight_smile: :smiley:

Hello,
to play a pattern groove, disable "sync to Host

In general you can’t use the patterns in Groove Agent in Dorico because it requires Groove Agent to know what tempo the music is playing at, and that information is not currently sent by Dorico to VST plug-ins. This is something we plan to implement in a future version (though it won’t be included in the next version, I’m afraid).