Long time ago, when i was a boy, i used to have one of the greatest hobbies someone can have: making music with the computer but someday, there happend several very bad things and i had to make a brake for several years.
Well, cubase 3 doesn’t work on win7 PCs, also my audiodevice isn’t usable anymore.
But, as you can imagine, i really would like to revive my hobby and now i have the question if you have some tips for me.
What i have:
- Roland Fantom XR hardware synthie ( i love it so much!)
- small midikeyboard (i dont love it so much, but its helpful)
What i’m going to buy (expect other thing are recommended):
- Cubase Artist 7 (because i have experince with cubase 3)
- Cubase Halion Sonic 2 (because back then i had good experiences with hypersonic 2)
- one capsule condenser mic from m-audio
What i want to do:
- just making music!
- my focus is on sequencing/midimusic. recording is not so important for me, just playing around with some samples sometimes.
- i want to use cubase as sequencer and combine my fantomXR togehter with halion sonic2. and i want to make mixdowns of both at same time. (i always hat problems with it and i always had to export it seperately wich was very anoying)
is it possible to directly record from the fantom XR with cubase artist und convert the midiinput into an audiotrack?
of corse there is at least one important part missing: an audio device. i dont have an audio soundcard and dont want to buy one if its not nessecary. could you give a hint for a good audiodevice for my intensions?
is there any part missing?