HornForHire - New Studio

Hi everyone, long time no see!

We moved house almost two years ago, and I’ve been without a studio since then!.. :open_mouth:

After doing a lot of work in our new house (next to my job and playing gigs…) I finally found the time to build a new studio and finished it a few months ago.
It’s a bit smaller than what I was used to, but it works. :slight_smile:
I’ve been practising a lot since then and slowly started recording again. I hope to post some new songs in the near future.

I will also listen to some of the songs that have been posted lately, I see a lot of new faces!

Here are some pictures of the new studio:

Cheers,
Wim

Your new studio looks great. I was wondering what happened to you. Glad you are OK. Keep on keeping on.

Nice-looking studio, HornForHire! Congrats!!

Thanks John!

Thanks Alexis!

Wow, can’t wait to hear new tunes from you, Wim!

Nice!!!

Thanks guys! :sunglasses:

Looks great Wim! I look forward to some new HFH tunes!

Thanks Joe!

Looks like a fun place to record.

It’s always good to see an old style keyboard like the Rhodes. I use to gig with one back in the day. Love those keyboards.

-Tom

How are we all gonna fit in there? :laughing:

Nice space, you’ve made the most of it. I recall a sax player who used to to rent our booth back in the 80’s as he could not practice at home :smiley: , I am wondering how you “contain the gain” in your space Wim? Do you have neighours close by?

Nice job fixing it up, I have a 9x12 space waiting for me once I can ever find some work near our farm, still commuting from the city on weekends sadly… For now the studio remains in the city.

Cheers

Very nice Wim! Congratulations! :slight_smile:

Looks very nice, I hope you’ll get the chance to enjoy it for a long time :slight_smile:

I only know you from your posts over the years and like several others I have seen in the background, I’ve not seen your name out here in a while. A new studio is super exciting and good luck with it. Nice work on cable management. I’ve tripped over mine to the point of breaking my thumb on the last fall…again, enjoy!

Excellent space, congratulations. The old radio is a nice touch.

Thanks Tom! I bought the Rhodes almost 35 years ago, I’m never going to sell it!

Hi Robin!
The studio is a “box-in-a-box”, with Rockwool in between, so there’s not much sound going out. It also has a floating floor.
We have a detached house, so the neighbours won’t hear a thing. Inside our house you can hear some of the lower frequencies, but that’s no problem.
In the studio there are two bass traps in the corners and two absorption panels, one behind and one opposite the monitors.

Thanks Nick!

Thanks Rick, I hope so too!