How can I add an 8va to the cross staff?

Hi all, I know this has been asked many times, but the solutions I have read have not been working. I am wanting to add an 8va to the cross staff, since that C# has so many ledger lines. Whenever I select the notes and add the 8va, the undo/redo history says that the 8va appears, but it shows up nowhere in the score (and does not affect the notes either).
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 11.56.46 AM

Hi @jschw000 I was able to obtain what you want, with this procedure:

• (reset cross staff notes to original staff)
  • select the desired notes and create the 8va in the original staff
  • move only the 8va sign on the upper staff (it will not be visible for the moment)
  • select and cross staff (N) the notes to which you applied the 8va, to the upper staff
  • your 8va will be visible and works

I agree that it would be better if the octave line could follow the crossed staff notes automatically (or maybe there are better solutions that I ignore?)

CleanShot 2024-04-20 at 18.39.00

3 Likes

Or look here for another method and an explanation by @MarcLarcher

Thanks Christian! This is a super powerful software and I am definitely happy I switched from Finale. Compared to Finale, it works so well that on the relatively rare occasions when something doesn’t work, it’s easy to become frustrated and take for granted all the issues that I DON’T have to deal with all the time anymore.

2 Likes