I want the exported file to be louder, how can it be done?
put it back into cubase as a stereo file and make it louder…
Little more details here:
- Import your file into a new Cubase project.
- Normalize to -1 db.
- If it’s loud enough now, export to a new file and you’re done.
- If not, your audio has a very dynamic range (lots of very quiet parts and lots of very loud peaks) and needs to be compressed/limited.
- Play around with the built-in Limiter or Maximizer plugins or use the ones the channel strip provides. Or use 3rd party plugs.
- If you reach a desired result, export to a new file.
Hint: always produce in at least 24Bit, you have more headroom here.