How can I instantly order multiple bars into one system?

I come from Finale, and I searching for solution in Dorico, similar to Finales “Lock Selected Measures into One System”, to select bars and order to one system, to avoid random systems with crowded of bars and systems with only one bars…
Dorico arranged well the systems (better than Finale…), but when I starting to hiding some empty staffs in the score, it’s of course generated “one bar systems”…

Make into system, here:

or here:

Jesper

Thank you, but unfortunately that doesn’t solve my problem!
I do not want to merge staffs, I like to order bars on a different rows to a single row!

Yes it does. Select the first note in the upper line and the cmd or shift-click the last note or rest in the lower line and do, Make into system.

Jesper

1 Like

Or, input a 2nd system break where you want the next line to start, then in Engrave mode, select the first system break and activate “Wait for next system break” in the Properties panel at the bottom of the window.

1 Like

Yeah, really works! Thank You! Just Have to select the notes in write mode an than go to engrave mode…

In Engrave mode, select the first note (rest/barline/whatever) then Cmd/Ctrl-click the last thing you want on the system.

There is no need to select the whole passage. In fact, it’s not an expected user behaviour for this procedure, and it some cases will prevent the Make Into System button from actually working - just select the first and last things you want on the system.

See the procedure at Making selections into systems

1 Like