How difficult is to install Cubase Pro 9 on Windows 7

Hello. I am about to receive in the mail a box version of Cubase Pro 9.

I’m wondering how difficult is to install it? I see videos on you tube that the e-licenser is a nightmare, for that fact, I am very reluctant to even open the box and try to set it up. I just want to send it back to musicians friend.

What are my options if I can’t install this thing? What should I do?

Hello! Thank you for your purchase.
The installation and activation code is pretty simple with Cubase Pro 9. Start with installing the application. It will automatically check for the latest update and install it right away. Then connect the USB-eLicenser, open the eLicenser Control Center and enter the activation code using the “Enter activation code” button. The license will be downloaded and that is it.
Just make sure that your Windows 7 is up to date.

It’s not a problem for the vast majority of users. I’ve installed a Cubase version along with the eLicenser on many PCs over the years without any problems.

The most important thing is to follow the instructions.

Installers have improved a lot the latest years - and authorization poop is more integrated - which were more like separate thing alltogether 2010 with my first contact with Cubase.

Updates of license databases are also integrated into more smooth operation now.

2010 when I were to run a trial - all this was a disaster and I could not even get trial license onto Syncrosoft lock I bought. You had to upgrade eLicenser by yourself and tried on links that were broken, run update of license database by yourself etc. And still it failed, and support could not fix it for me - I could never run the trial. It cost Steinberg at least 4 years of upgrade fees that I never did.

So depending on age of youtube stuff - it can tell very different story.

Still things to improve - like integrating register at MySteinberg so you don’t have to fiddle with that anything. Serials still needs that, even if Steinberg lock was part of install as I recall. Authorizing should be set and forget kind of thing.

I’ve never had a problem with the eLicenser, even way back then. Connecting it to an USB 2.0 port should prevent most possible issues, but it should work fine on USB 3 too.

Registering the eLicenser to your MySteinberg is an one time thing and isn’t a big deal. Having to use a browser is better because you can save the password more easily.

Hmmm I doubleclick on the installer and follow the instructions. Thats all…