How do I access DSP FX?

How do I access the DSP guitar FX sims in my UR44? I can access the Rev X reverb and Compressor/EQ (see image) but can’t find the Yamaha DSP guitar FX. Am I trying in the right place?

How do I access the dedicated DSP FX window? I’ve watched many YouTube videos on how to use it but not one showed how to find it.

I’ve owned Cubase 10 for one day.

Couldn’t get image insertion to work in my post, so here’s the link;

Hi,

If I’m right, this is a common VST plug-in and you should see it as an Insert effect.

Yes that’s the correct place except I guess you’re on a stereo track and the Guitar amps are limited to mono.

If by DSP FX dedicated window you mean DSPMixFX you access it from your start menu like any other programme. Just understand it doesn’t work with Cubase…only if Cubase is closed.

This is from memory coz I gave my UR44 away two or three years ago. Go into the mixer and make “hardware” visible, edit the ur44 hardware on the input channel and you’ll see a little pulldown called something like “ChannelStrip” in there you can select one of the three the guitar classic plugins instead of the channel strip. Depending on how you route the little “cables” depicted on the graphic, the amp sim is either monitored or printed.

DSPMixFX is for other DAWs, this DSP functionality is built into Cubase in the Hardware section of the input channel.

Yes… I said it does not work with Cubase. Not sure why you’re quoting me.

This is from memory coz I gave my UR44 away two or three years ago. Go into the mixer and make “hardware” visible, edit the ur44 hardware on the input channel and you’ll see a little pulldown called something like “ChannelStrip” in there you can select one of the three the guitar classic plugins instead of the channel strip. Depending on how you route the little “cables” depicted on the graphic, the amp sim is either monitored or printed.

Their screencap shows that this is exactly where they are looking already…the problem is most likely as I said, that the amps are mono only so don’t show in stereo tracks.

OK, finally found it. Thanks

I found that if my input bus was set to stereo, the guitar DSP effects were not available. When I deleted the stereo input bus and replaced it with mono, the guitar DSP FX appeared.