How do I add EasyDrummer to VST list in Dorico 2.2.20?

Hello,
I have the easy drummer DLL, and it works in Cubase.
But Dorico does not see it. I have the dll in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3.
When in the Play view, I add another VST Instrument and EasyDrummer does not show up.
How can I solve this ?
Thanks,
Regards

Is EasyDrummer really a VST3 plug-in? In that case it should turn up automatically.
VST2 plug-ins you have to whitelist in order to be recognized by Dorico.
Therefore go to C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg and in there is a folder calle VSTAudioEngine2_64 or so. Go into that folder and find the file vst2whitelist.txt
Open that in a text editor and add a new line with the plug-in’s name without the extension.
Then make sure that the path to EasyDrummer is registered in Vst2xPlugin SearchPaths Dorico 3.5 AudioEngine.xml. If not, you need to add the path there.
Provided that, the plug-in should load. If not, please zip up that VSTAudioEngine folder I mentioned and post here. Thanks

Hello,
In the folder C:\Users\danie\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VSTAudioEngine2_64 I don’t have a vst2whitelist.txt. but I have the files :
Vst2xPlugin SearchPaths VSTAudioEngine2.xml
Vst2xPlugin Infos VSTAudioEngine2.xml
In the first I have the path where I have the plugin "C:\Program Files\Common Files"
On the second file I have this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Vst2xPlugins>
</Vst2xPlugins>

If this is the file where I should put the name of the VST, what is the xml format ?
Thanks,
Regards

Hi @danieldlds , in that cases simply create a vst2whitelist.txt there and put on a single line the filename of the plug-in without the ending.
If the path is already in the paths file, that’s good.
The other xml file you mention, don’t touch that one, it gets automatically updated by the audio engine on start up when new plug-ins get detected.

So with the whitelist in place, just try to launch Dorico and see how it goes.

Hi Ulf,
Did that and it works. Thanks for the help. I now have another question but I will make another topic for that.
Regards

1 Like