How Do I Change Routing Mono Input in Cubasis Please

Hi Guys

I am having problems recording 2 tracks simultaneously on an external mixer, on to two separate audio tracks in Cubasis , I use a Behringer 2 track mixer, and I want to record my vocals and guitar on to 2 separate tracks in Cubasis via the 2 channels on my mixer.

Ch 1 - Acoustic Guitar

Ch 2 - Vocals

I have followed advice in another thread and on my 2 track mixer, panned one channel (guitar) all the way left, and the second channel ( vocal ) right, but my issue is when I go to Cubasis and create two tracks.

The routing on the first track is fine, because it set to Mono Input 1.

But when I go to the next track and try to change the mono input routing to 2, it doesn’t allow me to change the input to 2, it stays on the preset of 1 and won’t change.

Am I doing something wrong here that won’t allow me to change the routing to 2, when I touch the 1, the interface comes up showing 24 possible mono inputs, but wont allow me to change from 1 to 2.

Very frustrating, any help will be gratefully received, cheers guys.

John

Hi John,

I have followed your advice and and panned one channel (guitar) all the way left, and the second channel ( vocal ) right,

That’s right and you don’t do it in Cubasis but in your Behringer mixer.

But when I go to the next track and try to change the mono input routing to 2,
it doesn’t allow me to change the input to 2, it stays on the oreset of 1 and won’t change.

It can’t be. If your Behringer mixer has 2 output channels, Cubasis will provide mono input 1 or 2 for you to choose from.

Am I doing something wrong here that won’t allow me to change the routing to 2, when I touch the 1, the interface comes up showing 24 possible >mono inputs, but wont allow me to change from 1 to 2.

There are 24 mono inputs visible in the dialog, but only the highlighted ones are selectable. In your case only the mono number 1+2 should be highlighted.

Please do the following :

• open the Mono Input Dialog and select mono Input 1
  • open the Mono Input Dialog again.
    Result: Mono Input 1 button is highlighted in blue because it is selected and on Mono Input 2 only the number 2 is highlighted in white and the button is bordered in black. All other inputs 3-24 are not highlighted and the digits are shown in grey.

see the attached screenshot
Can you select stereo input ?
What is the name of your Behringer mixer ?

best
Jan

Hi John,

In addition, please note that we have a song production tutorial available, which exactly demonstrates the audio routing topic as well.
Please have a look at around 1:50 minutes of the clip: How to Record a Song with Cubasis LE

Hope that helps!

Best
Lars

I have the same issue with Cubasis 3
I have the mic’s and instruments in the relative inputs but when I go select another input only the mono 1 option is available. Last time this persisted I had to uninstall and reinstall the program but that doesn’t seem to me to be the ongoing fix to this issue… help

By the way the tutorial is exactly how I think it should work …. Yet!!!

Hi @michael7

Thanks for your message.

Cubasis for iOS fully supports using class compliant audio devices with up to 24 inputs/outputs.

Cubasis for Android is limited to stereo in/out, offering limited audio and MIDI hardware support only, Steinberg does not currently guarantee full compatibility.

To learn more about audio routing in Cubasis 3, please check the following chapter of our “Getting started with Cubasis” tutorial (here showing Cubasis for iOS):

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi Lars,
Do I need to use a specific usb compliant mixer to allow more than one pair of stereo inputs and also more than one pair of stereo outputs from Cubasis 3 on my iPad Air 4?
I have a usb compliant Alesis Multimix8 but I can only access one stereo input and one stereo output. I have watched many videos of Dom demonstrating many aspects of Cubasis, but nothing about sending out audio on separate outputs for external fx processing.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:
Mike.

Hi @fixitmania53

Thanks for your message.

Dom normally demoes Cubasis with Steinberg or Yamaha audio devices, which works straightforward as shown in the tutorials.

I’d suggest to get in touch with our friends at Alesis to find out where the problem could be related to.

I’m at hand to provide them with a Cubasis promo code for testing purposes, if required.

Best wishes,
Lars

Thank you :beers:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing

Regards
Stevediaz