How do I delete a stave of empty bars at the start of the music

Pianoleo, I find this leaves a bar?

Dear Auerbach, paulcopeland, and others…as MarcLarcher said this can be done rather painlessly, by splitting into 2 flows. There are a couple of ways to do it. Here is one way if you have for example 2 staves without vocal you want hidden all on page 1 and vocal comes in somewhere on page 2.

Let me describe a quick example. Vocal, Alto Sax, Piano. Let’s say measures 1-12 have accompaniment without vocal. Some amount of measures (for example “ten”) might fit on page one with this amount of staves. Page 2 would have measure 11 through… whatever. Vocal part comes in at measure 13 - somewhere on page 2.

1. Go to the first page, select the last barline, and go to the Write menu and select “Split Flow”. Select the last barline again and change it from a final barline back to a single barline.

2. Go to Setup Mode, click on Flow 1 and untick the Vocalist in the upper left Players area.

3. Go to Write Mode, right-click in the first measure of Flow 2 (located on page 2), and select Bar Numbers, Add Bar Number Change. Type in the correct bar number (in this example “11”).

4. Go to Layout (Shift-cmd-L), Staves and Systems, "Indent first system of flow by 0 spaces. Hit Apply and Close.

5. Go to Engrave Mode and right-click on Page 2 icon in the top left panel and select “Insert Master Page Change” and choose From page 2 Use master page Default From This Page Onwards.

6. If you want the first system indented, Engrave Mode, Note Spacing toggle on, click on upper left box of first stave and alt-cmd-right arrow your desired indentation.

This should work. You may need to tweak some things, but this should get you close!

Variations of this can be applied by manually drawing in music frames to suit your material and eventually having frames that use Flow 2 that includes the vocalist. I believe there are other ways to do this, but this is one way.