How do I disable the Steinberg Hub?

While I may be able to see some people’s point about the hub window. Is this really something that people really want to take priority over new features into the software that will actually help us in the long run?

Robby

Hear, hear! Let the team focus on the big stuff.

For sure. But I think most of us here trust Daniel & the team to be able to absorb requests both large and small, decide which to implement, and prioritise their implementation according to their own good sense.

Precisely - I know there’s limited time and a huge list of to-do’s and certainly wouldn’t want any change to the implementation of the Steinberg Hub to interfere with - say, your development of Realtime MIDI entry (hint, hint :slight_smile:)…At the same time, I know that the developers are obvious perfectionists so I don’t think it’s inappropriate to at least point out the fact that the Hub opens even if one is opening a file directly from the Finder on a Mac (and that this behavior is different - and more logical - on a PC, where it apparently doesn’t open in that case). But I’m happy for them to address such things whenever they get to them, for sure (should they choose to eventually do so in the first place)…

• D.D.

Do we know that opening the hub adds to the time needed to open the data file itself?
My own response is “Who cares?” The team is now aware of people’s feelings on this and will respond as they think best.

on Mac;
cmd + , —> “general” ------> untick “use hub”

…which is where?

To Dorico users,

Maybe the question should be how to improve the hub could a visual thumbnail view of a recent score be included using the camera icon function like that used for plugins within Cubase and Nuendo their is plenty of white space available within the hub to implement it along with the project text.

Regards

I was referring to Cubase Artist, atleast thats how it looks on my laptop

No such comparable option for Dorico, I’m afraid.

You’ve dredged up a thread on the Dorico forum, not the Cubase forum, and posted a response that doesn’t apply to Dorico. That’s somewhat less than helpful…