How do I export a single midi part?

The only way to export MIDI is to export the entire midi for the project all into one single midi file. It would be great to be able to export MIDI by track so that each track gets its own midi file or you could bounce out a midi file by individual parts.

I seriously don’t understand why this hasn’t been implemented yet. I work with Producer Loops making and It’s embarrassing when I try to bounce out MIDI files for them because they want each track as a separate MIDIf file…but I can’t do that at all in Cubase.

Here’s a link to another forum where people have been complaining about this for at least 4 years now.

http://forum.recordingreview.com/f23/exporting-single-midi-tracks-help-43431/

Cmon, Steinberg. Is this really that hard to implement??? wtf

Hi OxygenBeats, Which version of Cubase are you using? Win or Mac?

On Cubase 8.5 Pro - Win, you can simply drag and drop the midi part from the arranger window to the windows desk top / Windows Folder, where it becomes a .mid file named after the track!

I imagine it works the same on a mac

Sometimes the simplest ways are not the most obvious!

Ben

3 Likes

Bencow, thaaaaaaaaaank youuuuuuuuu! I totally didn’t know about that, wtf. Where did you learn that from??? I didn’t see anything about it in the manual or anything. And yes, I have windows btw.

Still, I think it can be better. I tried it with one part, and it worked. Then I tried selecting multiple parts and dragging/dropping, but it doesn’t work; it only will make a midi file for one of them. It would be great if you could do this with multiple tracks or parts to create multiple files.

But again, thanks so much! Even though it’s not the most ideal for batch exporting separate midi, it’s better than nothing!

Your welcome, and yes it a shame it dose not work for multiple tracks. I learnt from just trying, I know drag and drop of audio and midi, works with a lot of plugin’s internally so guessed it would too and from the desk top to. and yes it should be better documented!

Dude…you rock! Thanks! :love_you_gesture: