How do I export MIDI notes post-arpeggiator?

I am using the MIDI insert plugin “Arpache5” on a track. I want to export the notes that the arpeggiator is playing. How can I do this?

I have tried both:

MIDI → Freeze Midi Modifiers
and
MIDI → Merge Midi in loop

Unfortunately, both of those export a midi track that seems to also include the original midi notes… all I want though are the midi notes coming out of the arpeggiator. How can I do this?

I am currently running Cubase 7.0.4 (64-bit) in Windows 7 (64-bit).

Thanks,
Todd

When you do the midi merge, check “erase destination”

Many thanks. I was trying that but it wasn’t working because I had “MIDI THRU” checked in the arpeggiator plugin. As soon as I unchecked it, your suggestion worked perfectly! Thank you :slight_smile:

-Todd

Figured it’s better to bump an old topic than to start a new one… but yeah… I’ve been having an issue with freezing the arpeggiator (arpache 5) in Cubase 7.0.4. When using both freeze and merge functions the resulting MIDI notes do not match what the arpeggiator was playing as an insert. I don’t remember this being an issue before so I can’t really compare it. Any ideas on what’s going on?

I’ve found that you have to bounce/print the arpache arps in real time, for some reason. Maybe you can ‘record’ the midi in realtime onto another midi track…?

That’s very strange, all other MIDI inserts seem to merge properly… Guess arpache wants to be difficult. :slight_smile: