How do i freeze midi tracks into real audio

Hi guys. i found the ‘freeze instrument channel’ button over on the left, but when i click it it processes some audio and then leaves the midi track as is. I was expecting an actual stereo audio waveform to show up on my track after i froze the midi data but it appears to be moving it somewhere out of sight.

How do i fix this ?

It is not something to fix as the whole point of freezing is that the track remains unchanged and on unfreeze is exactly as it was. If you want an audio track export an audio mixdown from the vsti concerned.

File>Export>Export Audio Mixdown, then in the Audio Mixdown window choose the output channel you want to reproduce.

Select path as Project Audio Folder etc. etc.

You want to “bounce down” to audio.

To do this, go FILE>EXPORT> AUDIO MIXDOWN.
In the dialog that appears, choose “batch export” at Top left, then select the tracks you want to bounce. Choose “Project audio folder” for location, and tick off “audio track” under “import”.

This will quickly bounce the VSTi down to audio and bring it back in on a new audio track. The audio file will reflect fader, panning, and inserts from the original track, but not any main output or Group processing.

There is a strange echo here! :laughing:

LOL. Wow. We must’ve posted at exactly the same time! You owe me a beer, silhouette.

Next time I’m in Ottawa! Conversely the next time you are in Norwich, UK.
And I thought something spooky was going on. I beat you by four minutes. I didn’t look at the timing - at least the OP has the answer reinforced.

Deal!

And I thought something spooky was going on. I beat you by four minutes. I didn’t look at the timing - at least the OP has the answer reinforced.

We couldn’t both be wrong… right?

How complicated. Is there no option to right-click “Bounce In Place” like in Logic?

This is a feature I use a lot. Would be nice to have a more speedy option.