How do I import midi files from Ableton into Cubase?

I only have one song to finish before I release my demo album. However, I wrote the midi in Ableton and it is quite complex and will be rather time consuming to replicate exactly. I know that the two programs can run simultaneously and work together, I just can’t figure out how to import the midi from an Ableton track into a midi track in Cubase. I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone has.

You are running Cubase on what platform?

Export then Import? Drag and Drop?

I find it odd that you (apparently) own both Ableton Live and Cubase, and yet you don’t know how to export a MIDI file from one to the other…

Save as a MIDI file in Live, then open the MIDI file in Cubase.

Yeah, well he’s doing his first demo album, so maybe he doesn’t like to pay for the software yet.

Must’ve been able to post due to an error, 'cause he doesn’t have any products registered.
Screen shot 2011-02-08 at 1.34.32 PM.png

I use both products. I compose in both of them. I mostly work instruments in MIDI/VST. Sometimes I’ll start a song in one and then need to switch to the other. The export/import process is very tedious if there are a significant number of tracks. Drag and drop would be so much better but doesn’t seem to work. I’ve also tried syncing them to record the MIDI track from Live in Cubase but was unsuccessful with that approach as well. Additionally the export from Live doesn’t carry forward the clip name. The worst punishment is that Live will also add a program change CC which I then need to delete in Cubase using the event editor. Any “best” or “better” practices would be greatly appreciated