How do I install nw effects plug-ins?

First my disclaimer! Yes! I have read the manual. Didn’t help though.

I would like to add some new audio processor plug-ins into my Cubase 7.5.4 Artist program but I really don’t have a clue where to begin. I’ve seen what look like some pretty good freeware compressors and E.Q.s online and downloading them onto my “online” computer is a breeze, My music computer almost never goes online.
I like to have it clean. I can transfer the plug-in files through a stick onto my music computer but from there I have absolutely no idea how to get the programs onto my plug-in library so that I can call them up in Cubase.
Please forgive a senile old man! :wink:
Are there any videos or step by step directions as to how to do this?
I figure that after I’ve got this down properly, I will buy some other things. Maybe Waves for example.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Jeremykeys, the eternally lost!

Hi,

Install the plug-in. It’s good praxis to check, where is the plug-in installed (the installator should inform you about it during the installation process).

Launch Cubase. If the plug-in doesn’t appear, open Plug-In Info (Cubase 7) or Plug-in Manager (Cubase 8). Click to VST 2.X plug-in path button. In the new window, click to Add new Path button, and set the path to the DLL file (VST plug-in), you found during the installation. Click OK, and Rescan the plug-in list. The new plug-in should appear in the list, and in Cubase.

Thank you very much! I’m going to have to wait a bit though. Since I posted, my computer has picked up the cross browse virus. I have to deal with this before I try to put anything onto my music computer. I do know that I’m going to have many more questions but thanks once again! Btw. Can you recommend a good free multi band compressor? I’m going to be trying a few eventually to see which I prefer sound wise and work wise.

Hi,

There is Multiband Compressor directly in Cubase, so it’s for free. :wink: