How do I save all prefs, Settings, Generic Remotes?

Howdy,

I want to save all my Cubase Pro 8 Prefs, Settings, Generic Remotes, Keycommands etc and am wondering how to do this?

I want to make a Clean Install as I’ve installed quite a few new things in the past few months and want a Clean install of Cubase but don’t want to spend the countless hours it’s taken to customise Cubase how I like it.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Jono

Hi,

save whole your Cubase 8 Preferences folder, which is located here:

Windows

• Close all programs.
  • Open the “Run” command prompt.
  • Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8: Press the Windows logo key + R simultaneously.
  • Windows XP: Select “Run” from the Start menu.
  • In the command line of the ‘Run’ window, enter this path: %appdata%/Steinberg
  • Locate the folder which is named the same as your Steinberg program, for example Cubase 8 64-bit, and copy this folder to another folder, as a backup.

Mac

• Quit all programs.
  • Go to “Your Username/Library/Preferences” and locate the folder which is named the same as your Steinberg program, for example Cubase 8 64-bit, and copy this folder to another folder, as a backup
  • Please note: Since Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), the user’s Library folder is hidden! Here is how to access it: In the menu bar of Mac OS X click on “Go”. While the menu is folded out holding down the [ alt ] key (options) will show the “Library” entry.

Thank you!

I somehow missed this article online!

Makes it so much simpler than mindlessly looking through all the folders to locate them!

Jono