How Do I Set Up a Rode iXY-l to Record with Cubasis?

I have an iXY-L stereo microphone. Rode has stopped supporting the app called Rode Rec for that mic it seems, and the Rode Rec LE software crashes when trying to add a new recording. I was hoping I could record directly into Cubasis, but I don’t see the mic as an input device. I’ve seen tutorials about adding other input devices to the lightning port on iPhones and they are supposed to be recognized, but the same thing doesn’t happen automatically with the iXY-L when it is connected.

Does anybody have any experience with this in the 2020’s? The last time I used the Rode Rec software was around 2015. In clicking on the upgrade button, one gets the “Software not available in your country” message. Also, their support team seems to be singularly unresponsive.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Hi @Tom_Carlson,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the Cubasis forum.

Please have a look at the “Adding Audio Tracks” chapter in our “Getting started with Cubasis” tutorial, to learn more about how audio routing is handled with Cubasis:

If the problem persists, I’d suggest to exchange with Rode. If required, I’m at hand to have them equipped with a Cubasis promo code for testing.

Hope that helps!

Stay well
& best wishes,
Lars

Thanks, Lars. I’ve emailed Røde’s support three times and have yet to receive a response from them, so I’ve given up on their software. I can use AUM to see the mic, however it only shows it being capable of a 48K sample rate. For some reason, it is handing that limitation down to both AUM and Cubasis, no matter what I try. On the other hand, their Rode Rec LE shows a 96K 24 bit stereo device, but crashes the iPhone on starting to record. I’m setting that mic aside for now and have ordered an Apogee HypeMic for the recording which should arrive tomorrow (Wednesday) for Thursday’s session. Hopefully that will suffice until Rode responds — or doesn’t.

Tom

Hi @Tom_Carlson,

Thanks for your message!
Please keep us updated!

Stay well,
Lars