How do I switch my Midi channel to omni

Hey all!

So I just started using Cubase a few months ago, bit of a noob so still learning alot.

I’m currently using Cubase Elements 10.5 and I purchased a drum plugin from GGD, I came across a video showing a premade drum map setting inside the plugin called GM, which works sweet with the default Cubase drum map, or ‘no map’ selected which shows in the form of the classic keyboard for midi programming, however, when I try switch my drum map in Cubase to GM to make it a bit easier to program against names rather than piano keys, I get no sound at all out of the plugin.

GGD support has told me to switch my midi channel to omni and that should fix the issue.

Is anybody able to assist me with where I can find this setting/change it?

Cheers, :slight_smile:

GM drum map defaults to midi channel 10.
Your plugin probably expects midi signal on channel 1.

Either change the drum map output channel to 1 or change the midi channel in Kontakt.

Setting it to omni was probably meant for Kontakt.

I have absolutely no idea how to do either of those things, would you be able to explain it to me :slight_smile:

You can change the midi channel used by the drum map in key editor.
Click the number “10” and you should see a list with options. Holding Ctrl while selecting an option will change the channel for all drum sounds at once. Otherwise you change them individually one by one. Try to change the channel to 1 and check if you have sound.

Good sir, you are my hero xo