How do I switch on Jog/Shuttle Mode?

Hi Steinberg Folks

I feel really stupid. :blush:
Am a video dinosaur who can not figure out how Jog/Shuttle Mode works in Wavelab.
I think this is part of my JKL confusion here:

Any way in the manual on page 102 of 604 there is a reference to switching Jog/Shuttle Mode on/off in the Audio Editor.
I believe that this relates to the first button on the left hand side of the control transport bar.
As far as I can tell I do not have this button!

Am I missing something?

Kindly see screen shotā€¦

thanks

Paul

Are you using WaveLab 10.0.30?

Hi - isnā€™t the feature WL Pro onlyā€¦? you mention trialling Elements in your other postā€¦ Check the Elements manual insteadā€¦

Thanks you kind Sirs for the responses!

@PG

Are you using WaveLab 10.0.30?

Yes.

@ Puma0382

Hi - isnā€™t the feature WL Pro onlyā€¦? you mention trialling Elements in your other postā€¦ Check the Elements manual insteadā€¦

Yes I am currently testing the ā€œElementsā€ version!

I searched the ā€œElementsā€ manual for Jog and Shuttle.

No joy!

Why do I have the sinking feeling that Jog and Shuttle is a Pro feature only.

Wow. Just wow. Not good wow. Sad wow! :cry:

If you are using WL professionally then you need WL Pro not elements. MTCW

I am interested in getting out of my FCPX Video Editing program to clean up some Voice Overs:

Jog/Shuttle and Mute/Delete that is about it.

Maybe once in a while maybe just maybe import an AAF or at least be able to do that.

I found/find Wavelab an interesting tool. As it seems pretty straight forward. Focussed on one task and not trying to do everything.

But really I find

a) Paying 400ā‚¬ extra for functionality that is standard in (free) video programs eg Quick Time or iMovie is in my books odd.
b) If I am not mistaken I have to put an USB dongle in my laptop that does not even have an USB socket. Adaptors etcā€¦
c) If I ever want to import an AFF I have get another piece of software!

Again I would love to make this work but the price politics makes no sense for me.
And I will (first) look further at other professional options.
Thanks all the same.