How do I trigger a chord pad from my keyboard?

Cubase 11.
My chord pad is setup and working fine when I click a pad with the mouse but I want to trigger the chord from my midi keyboard. From what I have read, I am supposed to right click and select “assign pad from midi keyboard”. If I do that all that happens is the chord pad becomes the single note that I played. The pad no longer plays a chord.

Chord pads are by default triggered by C1 and up. To change, press the settings icon in the lower right corner.

Your trigger keys are in blue along the top of the Chord pads (C1-B2) by default.

@GuruGurra I think you meant to say lower left side, not right side… cheers !

@beerbong Left, right! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That’s what I thought but it is not working. I can see the blue notes in the top and I can see the note being depressed but there is no sound. If I play a chord in the upper register there is sound or if I press the chord pad with the mouse but not triggered by a single note. My chord pads setup looks exactly like the one in the screenshot

So you have to of course set the trigger notes not to overlap with your used note range or the notes of your chords. So set the option Range Start and Range End in settings to lower or higher depending on what you want.

As you can see, the notes are in the C1 range and I have set the trigger as D0 but still no sound.

I noticed that when I tried it works with my midi controller but not with the mouse. Ya, honestly this feature could of been much better but they but it is really clunky with the latching system. :frowning:

Used to work fine in Cubase 9.