How Do I Use Pitch Bend On A VST Instrument... HELP Pleas !!

Hello All,

I have an M-Audio Keystation 88 Midi Keyboard.
I’d like to use the pitch bend wheel on my midi keyboard to pitchbend a sound in a VST instrument . The VST is Lennar Digital Sylenth1.
I haven’t a clue how to do it.

Is there a step by step guide on how to set this up?

M-Audio Keystaion 88.
Cubase AI 5.
Macmini 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5.
OSX 10.9.5

Thanks and kind regards in advance

Add a controller to the track (just like the volume automation track for example)

Ok, have read the question again, and have to say that I never had the situation where my pitchbend didn’t work, it should work out of the box or maybe you’re filtering midi in cubase options?

Maybee this will help:

Thanks for all your help.

Much Appreciated !!!

Jeeeze I’m def a thickie (as my name suggests)

How do I add a controller to the track?

Not in front of my DAW (in fact a few 100 kilometers apart from it), I will try to see tonight if I can explain it.

Try searching youtube for it, it has many tutorials regarding this material see this one for example:

Ah, thanks everso mroekalea.

I think maybe I’m not explaining myself properly.

Say I play a note using my midi keyboard and I am using sylenth in cubase (or some other vst instrument)
When I use the pitch bend wheel on the midi usb keyboard, the sound doesn’t bend, or is this not possible?

This should be possible, the pitch bend is general midi complaint since the early days of MIDI, however if the instruments implementation isn’t correct it’s possible that the pitch bend doesn’t work, I do not think it’s an Cubase error, maybe the midi filter option.

See “file / preferences / midi / midi filter” check or uncheck the pitch bend in the “thru” section and see what happens. (see attachment for my midi filter settings)

I’ll give it a blast, Thank mroekalea :smiley:

:smiley: