How do you use dual monitors and Cubase?

Also, how can I tell if a PCI video card can simultaneously support 2 monitors?

I’s hard to give advice when you leave out critical information!
What you need is a WiFi bridge, which is a WiFi client with Ethernet ports, so you can just plug your computer into it.

Unless a card only has one connector, it will probably handle two monitors.

The more relevant issue is whether it can handle the monitors you have available/want. Many provide one of each type of connector, with larger cards providing extra of one type. However, as HDMI uses the DVI protocol, but without sound, and many cards only provide one HDMI, you can use a DVI-HDMI adapter to cater for two HDMI monitors, or vice versa.

The other issue is maximum resolutions. Any digital port these days should handle FHD, but for some of the higher resolutions, HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.4 or DVI-D are required.

The other issue is cables. When I had quad miniDisplayPort cards, to drive 30" 2560x1600 monitors, some of the early mDP cables I bought wouldn’t work. Ends out, they were designed for Macs with 2560x1440, which only required sub 9GHz performance, whereas 2560x1600 required 10+GHz. Fortunately, both cables weren’t expensive, so not much $s lost, but it was a pain tracking down the issue and waiting for new cables.

Basically, you have to make sure your cables do handle the resolution frequencies required, but no more, so really expensive cables are unnecessary.

Thanks everyone.

Hello! same question here! I have got a 2gb graphics card (amd radeon) on my lap.

Thinking of this…
Shall I get a monitor or two?

Thanks for reply!
I’ll get it in june
I think so… :confused: :question:
Help me please! :smiley: :laughing:

Do not forget to read my signature for my technical specifications

Any Any Any Any Any reply will be appreciated

Reply soon! :smiley: :laughing:

Ive only just heard of the ic pro.

Can it be connected via a usb or does it require Wi-Fi?

Thanks

I use a Maschine and midi remote. I have my laptop screen and a 25 inch ultra wide that I use.
I save one workspace with the mixer on the ultra wide and the arranger window on the laptop screen and save another workspace that is the other way round. At the press of a pad I can swap between the two… One pad linked to each workspace (obvs it doesn’t have to be a Maschine any assignable hardware will do… )

IC pro is a bit Flaky
Get Avid Control it’s a free app and is way way more functional than IC pro.

Hi.
I really don’t want to use Wi-Fi though. Can I connect to an iPad using a usb cable?