How does sonic quality on UR824 compare to MR series

Well, this thread doesn’t answer the question about sonic quality in comparison, but does draw comparisons of sorts, so I’ll just put that here:

The reason I asked my initial question was because I’ve done a lot of research on the two interfaces. There are threads that go on for months and years bubbling over the MR816x. Not so much for the newer UR824. While I can’t
compare the the two Steinberg units. I can give my limited thoughts on the UR824 and my limited use of it in case
someone else is considering. I like the Pres with mics (at least the one I tried - an old Shure). For guitar, I’m not thrilled. Mind you, I haven’t tried everything I could with Instruments or Mics, these are my initial thoughts. As for
the Jackson Guitar, which just naturally has a crisp sustaining tone, the character and tone of it was pretty much destroyed through the UR824.
I’m hoping that micing the amp or line in from the amp will be better. This Jackson sounds great through a Emu 1820m with line out #1 to the input of a Fender Vibrosonic Reverb Amp. Just a mostly clean tone that even my wife says it sounds good, which it must if she says so, but I thought the same thing. The UR824 sound better
going from one Computer; through Reaper and out to the 1820m into another computer. Monitoring through the Emu 1820m. My initial assessment is the UR824 adds a tinny sound to an already crisp and bright guitar, whereas the 1820m doesn’t. I’ll do more tests, but I did notice it was harder to record a clean signal overall with that guitar through the UR824.

Not that Steinberg would remember, but I’ve been a member since 5-6-2008 and I used Cubase VST 5.1
well before that - still do!.